Phi Lambda Sigma Application Process
Membership in Phi Lambda Sigma consists of four categories: Students, Faculty, Alumni & Honorary. Selection for membership comes from the existing members of the society. Prospective members are nominated on the basis of their demonstration of dedication, service, & leadership in the advancement of pharmacy. Members are selected by peer recognition. Such recognition serves to instill self-confidence & to promote greater efforts toward the advancement of pharmacy. Because Phi Lambda Sigma is an Honor Society, its members are individually recognized at graduation, and wear honor cords on their graduation gowns. Membership in Phi Lambda Sigma is life-long.
Application for the 2016-2017 term is CLOSED.
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 in the pharmacy curriculum.
- Completion of at least three semesters of the professional program.
- Current membership in at least one national pharmacy organization, including: APhA-ASP, CPFI, NCPA, SSHP, & SNPhA.
- Completion of the PLS application (see below).
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member or professional in the community.
- Photograph of the applicant.
- Payment for membership dues, which includes the cost of the induction dinner & graduation cords.
Dues vary from year to year, and cover the cost of graduation cords, induction dinner, pin, t-shirt, and certificate.
Payment is due at time of induction.
For Letter of Recommendation writers
Deadline to submit COMPLETED applications